Friday 7 March 2014

Lent 2014 - Let's ...

(This post could possibly make more/any sense if you already read the preceding one).

Mel & I have been talking for quite a while about doing Lent again this year. We've been disheartened however by a most imposing barrier - time. Lent hardly seems worth it if we're not going to do it in community, but to find a slot for another weekly meeting (that suits everyone) seems like a losing endeavour. Hence the blog. (That is also why we're starting late. I only thought of this since Lent started).

For those - if anyone - who would like to join us, this is what I suggest:

  • I selected a Lent devotional reading plan for myself on Youversion on my phone. The plan I selected is called Devotions for Lent from the Holy Bible; Mosaic. I'm three days into it and so-far-so-good. I recommend that you do some kind of daily reading. There are many Lent reading plans available online if for some inexplicable reason you don't like mine. If you're not keen on the online thing however, I do have a couple of book-version Lent devotionals for the-kind-of-persons-who-return-borrowed-books to lend. Not all of them are that great though. 
  • I'll be posting a personal thought on the daily reading every day on this blog, except when I have no worthwhile thought to share in which case I promise not to share it. 
  • You are cordially invited to publish your worthwhile thoughts or worthwhile comments on other worthwhile thoughts on the blog as well. It's meant to be a journey in community. 
  • I'm hoping that this online dialogue will make up for the weekly meeting that none of us have time for. 
  • Closer to Easter, we can do a movie night and watch The Passion of the Christ together.
I hope to hear from you and to enjoy your insights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment